It is what many Rohloff Speedhub riders have waited for: The thumb shifter.
The Shift:R combines the durability of the Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 with shifting comfort of a modern derailleur drive train system. By putting a ratchet system into the clickbox, the levers can have a simple up on the right/down on the left action. Pushing on the right hand shifter will shift you up one gear, the left hand will take you down one or two gears at a time.
Available for straight handlebars or for drop handlebars.
- EasyShift: The simplified shifting logic with separate levers for up and down the gears makes it easy to get used to
- Improved ergonomics: with the Shift:R you can now use full-size grips on both sides
- Flexibility: The Shift:R can be used on multiple bar types, e.g. drop bars or conventional flat bars
- Easy adjustment and fine tuning through the EAS system: cable tension can easily be adjusted right at the shifters
- Easy installation: due to the ORS technology (Optimized remount sequence) you can take the click box on and off in any gear
- Using ICM (Inverse Cable Mount) technology an extremely compact shifting mechanism can be integrated in the Shift:R box